Dear Clients,

As owner/operator of Meridian Mobile Notary, I am grateful for the opportunity to have served you and hopefully guided you through some of the happiest and most difficult events in your lives.  After much thought, I have decided to move out of state and begin an new life adventure.  Wishing you a blessed tomorrow!

All the best,

Camille Leonardo

Travel & Family


Travel Tips for Seniors

In my experience as a Notary Public I find that taking the time and initiative to get your travel documentation in order early on in your travel planning will ensure that you enjoy a stress free “Bon Voyage!” 

California State I.D.Even if you are a non-driver a California State Identification card is important whether you are traveling or not.  Did you know that obtaining your ID is free if you are 62 or older?   Call 1(800) 777-0133 or visit the DMV website to make an appointment and find out more about how to get yours.

  • PassportIf you will be traveling out of the U.S. then a passport is a must.  You can apply for your passport at the local Postal Office or at your AAA office.  You will need to bring:
  • Proof of U.S. identification (such as a California Driver’s License or State issued I.D.).
  • 2 identical passport photos.
  • Application for a U.S. Passport completed in black ink.
  • A passport fee of $135 or $115 for renewals.


Medication and Health InsuranceMany smart travelers bring along a copy of their medical insurance policy along with their insurance card.  It is always a good idea to pack an additional week to 10 day supply of any medications you may need as well.  Visit your doctor for a check-up before planning an extensive vacation and look into travel insurance in case you cannot travel after booking your vacation.  Finally, always bring the phone numbers of your doctor, travel agent, and US embassy if you are leaving the country.


Golden Age Passport: Issued by the National Parks Service this allows seniors over 62 to visit any of the U.S. National Parks as often as they like for free!  Be prepared to show proof of age, citizenship, and pay a one-time $10 processing fee at any of the National Parks guard stations.  This is one of the best travel bargains in America today.


Take Advantage of Other Senior Travel DealsShow your AARP card and get discounts on cruises, car rentals, trains, hotels, even full vacation packages.  Some senior discounts are not advertised so be sure to ask if they are offered.  Non-advertised discounts can include restaurants, clothing stores, movie theaters and even cell phones!


Before You Leave:  There’s nothing like a little peace of mind to ensure that your vacation is fun and relaxing.  Please take the time to execute your health care and estate documents and put all of your legal papers in order before you head off on that dream get away.  Bon Voyage!

Tips for Traveling with Minors 2013

Since summer is on the horizon and we as parents are planning our vacations in earnest I thought this would be a good time to discuss some of the documentation needed when we find ourselves traveling with children.

Here are some of the recommendations set forth by the U. S. State Department when traveling with minors (under 18).  These more stringent requirements are designed to protect children from kidnapping and international custody disputes.  Following these rules will ensure that your vacation will not be waylaid at airports or borders.

Passports:  A requirement for international travel – Children (under 16) and both parents must appear in person to apply.  You must present your child’s original birth certificate and parents must provide a legal photo ID (i.e. a driver’s license or passport).  If one parent is unable to appear in person a notarized 3053 form must be presented at time of appointment signed by the parent not in attendance.

Parental Consent Forms:  This is an often overlooked requirement.  To exit the U.S. or enter most foreign countries each child under the age of 18 traveling without one or both parents must carry a Permission to Travel letter completed by any parent(s) or guardian(s) not traveling with the child and this letter must be notarized.

Medical Treatment Authorization:  This is not a requirement but a very good idea – especially for children traveling without one parent and/or who don’t share the same last name as the parent or guardian they are traveling with.  This documentation should be notarized as well.

Additional Tips:

·        Use black ink when filling out forms.

·        It is always a good idea to carry one set of documents with you and leave one at home.

·        If you are running short on time, I carry these forms with me at all times, so give me a call and I’ll be happy to help!

*More detailed information on traveling with minors can be found on the web – or check out these links below to research and print out your travel forms.

Wishing you safe and blessed journeys!